If you’re receiving “the iPhone could not be updated because the firmware file is not compatible” error when updating your iDevices to the latest iOS 16, how to fix it? In this guide, you can find several proven ways to solve it. Recovery Mode in iPhone is a troubleshooting process that diagnose the iOS problem and repairs it. Like factory reset, Recovery Mode too deletes the current data from your iOS device. Hence, ensure the latest data backup is there before you try this method. When dealing with corrupted backups, there are a couple third-party apps that may help you.
- Use the free iPhone data recovery software – MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS to recover its data after fixing your download the stock firmware device.
- Double-click the file and wait for the Word application to open the DOCX document.
- Now, you can take the assistance of iTunes to restore it.
- You can manually download the firmware file.
- You can read more and dig deeper into this method here.
For example, to recover pictures, click Photos to continue. In case the iPhone restart loop couldn’t be fixed, you can choose to recover important iPhone data. Is your Lenovo laptop stuck on Lenovo screen? How can you fix the issue if your Lenovo won’t boot? Go to find solutions from this post now. Yes, there are many applications on Apple App Store that helps you to bring back your lost videos, photos, contacts, messages, documents, etc. without using a computer. To recover deleted or corrupt data from your Mac or retrieve data lost for any other reason, you can use Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac.
The steps to DFU Mode is similar to Recovery Mode. Just that the iOS device screen shows blank in DFU Mode unlike Recovery Mode, which displays ‘Connect to iTunes’ message. Whichever iOS and iPhone/ iPad model you are using DFU mode works with all.
- This technique relies on there being little different to the underlying storage format between some versions.
- There are some other common iPad problems leading to iPad won’t restore.
- Resetting SMC can rectify the problems related to battery, power, fans, and much more.
It worked nearly perfectly after I set back the 5s to factory settings and put in the SIM card before trying to do the backup again. We describe how the first technique below, and our guide on backup recovery covers the second technique. Randall Blackburn has worked for several Fortune 1000 companies as a technical writer over the past seven years. He has produced a wide variety of technical documentation, including detailed programming specifications and research papers. Randall has also acquired several years’ experience writing web content. Decipher Backup Repair runs on your computer and NOT directly on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Tap the free trial button above to send yourself a download link for Mac and Windows.
ITunes/Finder will install the updates and restart your iPhone and you will see Success message on iTunes dashboard. After that, you can solve your firmware corruption error by restoring your iPhone from iTunes again. Make sure that the internet you are connected to is stable.